Cities have taken center stage by becoming the main drivers of economies and evolution of human society. For the first time in human history over half of the world will live in them in the next few decades.
Unless cities are treated like corporate business and are made accountable to the people from their first cost to their lifecycle costs, they have the potential to become huge cash and environmental drain while being social dividers. How we plan them or retrofit them is far more critical than the seriousness exhibited in our actions thus far. In pursuit of their economic potential we fail to recognize that if not seriously planned, they can be crucibles of social, economic as well as environmental disasters.
Over many decades, construction in the name of city development has silently affected the quality of daily living and our sense of community. In the process of city designing, the chance for creating community has been lost. There is an urgent need to plan cities by understanding the pace of societal change so that they can become vehicles for greater integration of men with men as well as ideas.
Metro Valley sees planning for vibrant cities as the biggest opportunity that exists in the global economic domain, which has the potential of creating solutions much bigger than the sum of its parts.
How to create a city that equitably provides opportunities for all?
How to enhance the affordability in daily living in cities?
How can city planning facilitate creation of new jobs?
How to improve the health quotient in citizen's everyday living?
How to create, design and implement a zero waste city?
How can city plans ensure its slum free development?
How to reduce vehicular congestion in cities?
How can city planning foster and enhance human talent?
How to stem migration into cities while having adequate workforce?
How to create solutions for accessibility for all?
How to create an economically sustainable urban planning model for Cities?
How to ensure that a city's residents become "the eyes of the city".
How to create an urban solution for a truly Zero waste city?
How to ensure that a city's development creates opportunities for the outlying rural areas.
How to design cities to ensure that water demand reduces drastically.
- Social Issues of Gurgaon
- Environmental Issues of Gurgaon
- Impact of road planning
on safety of the city
- People’s expectations
- Needs of different age groups
in the city
- Social equity and urban designs
- What can be termed socially enabling infrastructure
- Appropriate urban plantation solutions
- Regenerative landscape strategies
- Zero Waste business solutions
- Pedestrian psychology on busy streets
- Solutions for creating Multimodal hubs
- Employability and job creation
- Creating an entrepreneurial environment
- Water solutions for a parched city
- Relevant transport solutions
- Needs of adjoining villages
- Psychology of migrants
- Causes of slums and sprawl in Gurgaon
- What makes places vibrant and inviting
- Fathoming the urban class divide
- Health and well being: perceptions and realities across age groups in Indian cities